Thursday, October 6, 2011

Dad...


Many of you know how amazing the past 6 months have been at The Garden Gallery.  Some of you know that my family has also been in the process of moving my dad to Omaha.  



As I'm sure some of you have experienced, this transition is one of many highs and lows.  I want to thank all of you that have given encouraging words, helpful insights, and amazing support.  
As I spent the morning with dad and he had lunch with me at the greenhouse, lots of memories joined me.  And I thought...."Birds weren't always singing, but something was always chirping!!!"  Take a peek below at some of the amazing artwork created by my dad when he was well into his 80's....


 Not only is my dad a talented painter, some of the work I most cherish is the jewelry he made while silversmithing.  I now have his tools and am looking forward to when he can teach me some of his tricks.  

Tomorrow....I think I will paint.





  

No comments: